Life’s batter with pancakes!
Updated: 17 May, 2022
Whether you’re serving guests for brunch this pancake day, or getting into the spirit with dessert at home; put on a feast that will impress everyone.
If you love a classic French crepe, or you’re more of an American-style fluffy pancake lover, we’ve got all of the ingredients you need.
For the sweet tooth
Satisfy those with a sweet tooth on pancake day with a huge stack. Suitable for any meal of the day, our favourites are:
- Bacon and maple syrup – for the ultimate sweet breakfast
- Nutella – the no brainer on pancake day, epic with sliced banana
- Fruit and whipped cream – a refreshing topping for piping hot pancakes
Or for the chocolate lovers, drizzle your crepe with some chocolate sauce and sprinkle some crushed Oreos – the kids will love this one.
If savoury is your thing…
Crepes are an incredible base for a whole heap of savoury fillings.
Turn it into a breakfast wrap filled with egg, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, spinach – the list goes on.
We love the sound of a delicious crepe stuffed with sliced steak, spinach and mushrooms, drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
Spinach and ricotta pancake bake
Did you know – you can also use crepes to make a dinnertime meal? This spinach and ricotta pancake bake is a delicious way to use crepes on pancake day:
- Fry off some garlic cloves and add in a can of chopped tomatoes. Reduce to a thick sauce
- Wilt down a whole bag of baby spinach. Once cooled, squeeze out all of the water and roughly chop
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees
- Mix together 200g of ricotta with the chopped spinach, a grating of nutmeg and some salt and pepper
- In a shallow baking dish, spread half of the tomato sauce over the base
- Divide the spinach mixture between as many pancakes that will fit in the dish. Roll them up and place into the dish
- Once all of the pancakes are filled, rolled and placed into the dish, top with the remaining tomato sauce and scatter with mozzarella and parmesan
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling
Shop our pancake day range here, for everything you need to put on a delicious spread.
*Some products may only be available at our London branches.